8biticon Terms and Conditions ("T&C")
8biticon is a distributed application that runs on the Ethereum network, using uniquely coded smart contracts (each, a “Smart Contract”) that allow users to acquire, buy and sell own and transfer, the unique digital avatars/icons known as 8biticon (hereafter “8biticon”) located at 8biticon.com (the “Site”). The Smart Contracts and the Site are collectively referred to in these T&C as the “App”. Using the App, users can create and view their 8biticons, store 8biticon digital art on 8biticon.com by default and use the Smart Contracts to acquire, buy, sell, own, trade and transfer 8biticon on the Ethereum network.
8biticon.com (“8biticon.com”, “we”, or “us”) is the party making the App available for you to use. Before using the App, the Smart Contracts, or the Site, you must agree to these T&C and any other terms and conditions incorporated or referenced herein (the T&C and any other terms and conditions incorporated or referenced herein are collectively referred to as the “Terms”). PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE APP, THE SMART CONTRACTS, OR THE SITE. THESE TERMS GOVERN YOUR USE OF THE APP, THE SMART CONTRACTS, AND THE SITE, UNLESS 8BITICON.COM HAS AGREED TO DIFFERENT WRITTEN AGREEMENT WITH YOU TO THE CONTRARY, SIGNED BY BOTH PARTIES. 8BITICON.COM IS ONLY WILLING TO MAKE THE APP, THE SMART CONTRACTS, AND THE SITE AVAILABLE TO YOU IF YOU ACCEPT ALL OF THESE TERMS. BY USING THE APP, THE SMART CONTRACTS, THE SITE, OR ANY PART THEREOF, YOU ARE CONFIRMING THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS CONTAINED HEREIN. IF YOU ARE ACCEPTING THESE TERMS ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE LEGAL AUTHORITY TO ACCEPT THESE TERMS ON THAT ENTITY’S BEHALF, IN WHICH CASE “YOU” WILL MEAN THAT COMPANY OR LEGAL ENTITY. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SUCH AUTHORITY, OR IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT ALL OF THESE TERMS, THEN WE ARE NOT WILLING TO MAKE THE APP, THE SMART CONTRACTS, OR THE SITE AVAILABLE TO YOU. IF YOU DO NOT FULLY AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ACCESS OR USE THE APP, THE SMART CONTRACTS, OR THE SITE.
1. THE APP
To use the App, you will need to have a web browser and an Ethereum wallet that is compatible with the Non-Fungible Token (NFT) standard on the Ethereum network.
All transactions regarding 8biticons are managed and confirmed via the Ethereum blockchain. You understand that your Ethereum public address may be made publicly visible whenever you engage in a transaction.
We do not own nor control your web browser, your Ethereum wallet, the Ethereum network, or any other third-party site, product, or service that you might access, visit, or use for the purpose of enabling you to perform a transaction with your 8biticons. We are not be liable for the acts or omissions of any such third parties, nor will we be liable for any damage that you may suffer as a result of your transactions or any other interaction with any such third parties.
You may be able to create an account on the Site. If so, you agree to provide true, accurate and complete information about yourself. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account, contact us immediately.
The App may show certain pricing data that has been loaded and collected from the Ethereum blockchain. We are not liable for any incorrect information or typographical errors of any kind, including any incorrect information that is due to a coding error, blockchain code errors or due to a data outage. It is your duty and obligation to confirm any and all pricing data on your own and base any decisions you make on your own information and data.
Any calculations that are displayed on the App are for information purposes only. These calculations are in no way predictions of value and you agree that you will not construe these calculations as predictions of future prices or values in any way or that we are giving you any advice on what to purchase or not to purchase. All such decisions are made in your sole discretion without reliance on any information provided on the App.
We are not responsible or liable for any transactions that are cancelled by a seller.
2. THE 8BITICON.
Number of 8biticons that can be minted is unlimited.
Purchasing 8biticon is executed after the 8biticon’s design process is complete by the user. You can purchase a 8biticon on the Site using an Ethereum wallet that is compatible with the NFT standard on the Ethereum network. We disclaim all liability in connection with the purchase of any 8biticons. It is your responsibility to ensure that your purchase of any 8biticons has been completed. Once you mint your first 8biticon, you can use the Site to help you buy, sell, trade and transfer 8biticons with others. You are responsible for any Ethereum network fees (gas fees) necessary to mint the token. Furthermore, you are responsible for any potential taxes associated with 8biticon minting.
3. OWNERSHIP; LICENSE; RESTRICTIONS.
- “Art” means any art, design, and drawings that may be associated with a 8biticon that you Own.
- “Own” means, with respect to a 8biticon, a 8biticon that you have purchased or otherwise rightfully acquired from a legitimate source, where proof of such purchase is recorded on the relevant Ethereum blockchain.
- “Purchased 8biticon” means a 8biticon that you Own.
- “Third Party IP” means any third-party patent rights, copyrights, trade secrets, trademarks, know-how or any other intellectual property rights recognized in any country or jurisdiction in the world.
- When you purchase a 8biticon, you own only the NFT, not any associated Art. Each 8biticon is associated with a non-fungible token (an “NFT”) on the Ethereum blockchain. When you acquire a 8biticon, you own the NFT, not the associated Art, or any other 8biticon Materials (as that term is defined below), or any Third Party IP. You can trade the NFT, sell it, or give it away for free. Ownership of the NFT is governed solely by the Smart Contract and the Ethereum Network.
- We Own the App, and the App includes the Art. You acknowledge and agree that 8biticon.com (or, as applicable, our licensors) owns all legal right, title and interest in and to all other elements of the App, and all intellectual property rights therein (including, without limitation, all Art, designs, names, copyrights, trademarks, patents, systems, methods, information, computer code, software, services, “look and feel”, organization, compilation of the content, code, data, and all other elements of the App (collectively, the “8biticon Materials”)). Other than expressly stated in these Terms, you do not have any other rights in the 8biticon Materials. You acknowledge that the 8biticon Materials are protected by, as applicable, copyright, trade dress, patent, and trademark laws, international conventions, other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws. All 8biticon Materials are the copyrighted property of 8biticon.com or its licensors, and all trademarks, service marks, and trade names associated with the App or otherwise contained in the 8biticon Materials are proprietary to 8biticon.com or its licensors. You may not use the 8biticon name without our prior written consent. Except as expressly set forth herein, your use of the App does not grant you ownership of or any other rights with respect to any Art, content, code, data, or other 8biticon Materials that you may access on or through the App. We reserve all rights in and to the 8biticon Materials that are not expressly granted to you in these Terms. For the avoidance of doubt, you understand and agree:
- that your acquisition or purchase of a 8biticon, whether via the App or otherwise, does not give you any rights or licenses in or to the 8biticon Materials (including, without limitation, our copyright in and to the associated Art or the 8biticon name/trademark) other than those expressly contained in these Terms;
- that you do not have the right, except as otherwise set forth in these Terms, to reproduce, distribute, or otherwise commercialize any elements of the 8biticon Materials (including, without limitation, any Art) without our prior written consent in each case, which consent we may withhold in our sole and absolute discretion;
- that you will not apply for, register, or otherwise use or attempt to use any 8biticon trademarks or service marks, or any confusingly similar marks, anywhere in the world without our prior written consent in each case, which consent we may withhold in our sole and absolute discretion.
License to Art.
General Use. Subject to your full and continued compliance with these Terms, 8biticon.com grants you a limited worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license to use, copy, and display the Art of your Purchased 8biticon solely for the following purposes:
- for your own personal, non-commercial use;
- as part of a marketplace that permits the purchase and sale of your Purchased 8biticon, provided that the marketplace cryptographically verifies each 8biticon owner’s rights to display the Art for their Purchased 8biticon to ensure that only the actual owner of the NFT can display the Art; or
- as part of a third party website or application that permits the inclusion, involvement, or participation of your Purchased 8biticon, provided that the website/application cryptographically verifies each 8biticon owner’s rights to display the Art for their Purchased 8biticon to ensure that only the actual owner of the NFT can display the Art, and provided that the Art is no longer visible once the owner of the Purchased 8biticon leaves or logs out of the applicable website/application.
Non-digital Commercial Use. Subject to your continued compliance with these Terms, 8biticon.com grants you a limited, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use, copy, and display the Art for your Purchased 8biticon for the purpose of commercializing your own physical merchandise that includes, contains, or consists of the Art for your Purchased 8biticon (“Commercial Use”), provided that such Commercial Use does not
- include any form of collaboration or involvement of any brand or other third party, or
- result in you earning more than USD$100,000 in gross revenue each year. In the event your Commercial Use exceeds USD$100,000 in a given year, you will need to enter into a commercial license with us. If you exceed the USD$100,000 limitation, you will be in breach of these Terms, and must contact 8biticon.com regarding entering into a broader license agreement (which will be in 8biticon.com’s sole and absolute discretion). Without entering into a commercial license with us, you acknowledge and agree that:
- you are in breach of these Terms;
- in addition to any remedies that may be available to 8biticon.com at law or in equity, 8biticon.com may immediately terminate the license granted above; and
- you will be liable and responsible to reimburse 8biticon.com for any costs and expenses incurred by 8biticon.com during the course of enforcing these Terms against you (including attorney and legal fees).
You agree that you may not, nor permit any third party to do or attempt to do any of the foregoing without 8biticon.com’s express prior written consent in each case:
- modify the Art for your Purchased 8biticon in any way, including, without limitation, the shapes, designs, drawings, attributes, or color schemes;
- use the Art for your Purchased 8biticon to advertise, market, or sell any third party product or service;
- use the Art for your Purchased 8biticon in connection with images, videos, or other forms of media that depict hatred, intolerance, violence, cruelty, or anything else that could reasonably be found to constitute hate speech or otherwise infringe upon the rights of others;
- use the Art for your Purchased 8biticon in movies, videos, or any other forms of media, except to the limited extent that such use is expressly permitted in these Terms or solely for your own personal, non-commercial use;
- sell, distribute for commercial gain (including, without limitation, giving away in the hopes of eventual commercial gain), or otherwise commercialize merchandise that includes, contains, or consists of the Art for your Purchased 8biticon, except as expressly permitted in these Terms;
- attempt to trademark, copyright, or otherwise acquire additional intellectual property rights in or to the Art for your Purchased 8biticon; or
- otherwise utilize the Art for your Purchased 8biticon for your or any third party’s commercial benefit. To the extent that Art associated with your Purchased 8biticon contains Third Party IP (e.g., licensed intellectual property from a celebrity, athlete, or other public figure), you understand and agree as follows:
that you will not have the right to use such Third Party IP in any way except as incorporated in the Art, and subject to the license and restrictions contained herein;
- that the Commercial Use license in Section 3.C
- above will not apply;
- that, depending on the nature of the license granted from the owner of the Third Party IP, 8biticon.com may need to pass through additional restrictions on your ability to use the Art; and
- to the extent that 8biticon.com informs you of such additional restrictions in writing (email being acceptable), you will be responsible for complying with all such restrictions from the date that you receive the notice, and that failure to do so will be deemed a breach of this license. For the avoidance of doubt, it is strictly prohibited and a violation of these Terms to use any Art or Purchased 8biticons in order to create a similar or derivative NFT based on the Art or Purchased 8biticons. Such use constitutes a violation of these Terms as well as intellectual property infringement, which would cause monetary damages and irreparable harm to 8biticon.com. The restrictions in this Section will survive the expiration or termination of these Terms.
Other Terms of License.
The license granted in Section 3.C above applies only to the extent that you continue to Own the applicable Purchased 8biticon. If at any time you sell, trade, donate, give away, transfer, or otherwise dispose of your Purchased 8biticon for any reason, the license granted in Section 3.C will immediately expire with respect to you and that 8biticon without requiring notice, and you will have no further rights in or to the Art for that 8biticon.
You may submit comments, bug reports, ideas or other feedback about the App (collectively, “Feedback”). You hereby grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, worldwide license under all rights necessary for us to incorporate and use your Feedback for any purpose. By submitting Feedback, you agree that we are free to use such Feedback at our discretion and without additional compensation to you, and to disclose such Feedback to third parties.
Use of the 8biticon name.
Notwithstanding any contained in these Terms, You agree that you will not use the 8biticon name for any purpose without obtaining our prior written consent. Approval shall be determined in our sole discretion. Furthermore, non-response to a request for such approval shall not be deemed an approval.
- You agree that you are responsible for your own conduct while accessing or using the App, and for any consequences thereof.
- You agree to use the App only for purposes that are legal, proper and in accordance with these Terms and any applicable laws or regulations.
- By way of example, and not as a limitation, you may not, and may not allow any third party to:
- send, upload, distribute or disseminate any unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, obscene, or otherwise objectionable content;
- distribute viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature;
- impersonate another person (via the use of an email address or otherwise);
- upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the App any content that infringes the intellectual proprietary rights of any party;
- use the App to violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- engage in, promote, or encourage illegal activity (including, without limitation, money laundering);
- interfere with other users' enjoyment of the App;
- exploit the App for any unauthorized commercial purpose;
- modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the App;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the App or any part of it;
- reformat or frame any portion of the App;
- display any content on the App that contains any hate-related or violent content or contains any other material, products or services that violate or encourage conduct that would violate any criminal laws, any other applicable laws, or any third party rights; (xiii) use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the App or the content posted on the App, or to collect information about its users for any unauthorized purpose;
- create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses; or (xv) access or use the App for the purpose of creating a product or service that is competitive with any of our products or services. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this Section, we may, at our sole and absolute discretion, without notice to you, and without limiting any of our other rights or remedies at law or in equity, immediately suspend or terminate your account and/or prohibit your access to the App and the Site.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE APP IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND THAT THE APP IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, 8BITICON.COM, OUR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND LICENSORS MAKE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES REGARDING THE APP AND ANY PART OF IT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE SITE, ANY SMART CONTRACT, OR ANY EXTERNAL WEBSITES), INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, 8BITICON.COM, OUR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND LICENSORS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT TO YOU THAT:
- YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE APP WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS,
- YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE APP WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM ERROR (INCLUDING ANY BLOCKCHAIN CODE ERRORS),
- USAGE DATA PROVIDED THROUGH THE APP WILL BE ACCURATE,
- THE APP OR ANY CONTENT, SERVICES, OR FEATURES MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE APP ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR
- THAT ANY DATA THAT YOU DISCLOSE WHEN YOU USE THE APP WILL BE SECURE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
YOU ACCEPT THE INHERENT SECURITY RISKS OF PROVIDING INFORMATION AND DEALING ONLINE OVER THE INTERNET, AND AGREE THAT 8BITICON.COM HAS NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY BREACH OF SECURITY UNLESS IT IS DUE TO OUR GROSS NEGLIGENCE. (c) 8BITICON.COM WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSSES YOU INCUR AS THE RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE ETHEREUM NETWORK OR ANY ETHEREUM WALLET OR OTHER ELECTRONIC WALLET, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES OR CLAIMS ARISING FROM:
- USER ERROR, SUCH AS FORGOTTEN PASSWORDS OR INCORRECTLY CONSTRUED SMART CONTRACTS OR OTHER TRANSACTIONS;
- SERVER FAILURE OR DATA LOSS;
- CORRUPTED WALLET FILES; OR
- UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR ACTIVITIES BY THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE USE OF VIRUSES, PHISHING, BRUTEFORCING OR OTHER MEANS OF ATTACK AGAINST THE APP, ETHEREUM NETWORK, OR ANY ETHEREUM WALLET OR OTHER ELECTRONIC WALLET.
8BITICONS ARE INTANGIBLE DIGITAL ASSETS THAT EXIST ONLY BY VIRTUE OF THE OWNERSHIP RECORD MAINTAINED IN THE ETHEREUM NETWORK. ALL SMART CONTRACTS ARE CONDUCTED AND OCCUR ON THE DECENTRALIZED LEDGER WITHIN THE ETHEREUM PLATFORM. WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER AND MAKE NO GUARANTEES OR PROMISES WITH RESPECT TO SMART CONTRACTS.
8BITICON.COM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSSES DUE TO BLOCKCHAINS OR ANY OTHER FEATURES OF THE ETHEREUM NETWORK OR ANY ETHEREUM WALLET OR OTHER ELECTRONIC WALLET, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LATE REPORT BY DEVELOPERS OR REPRESENTATIVES (OR NO REPORT AT ALL) OF ANY ISSUES WITH THE BLOCKCHAIN SUPPORTING THE ETHEREUM NETWORK, INCLUDING FORKS, TECHNICAL NODE ISSUES, OR ANY OTHER ISSUES HAVING FUND LOSSES AS A RESULT.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT 8BITICON.COM, OUR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND LICENSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH YOU MAY INCUR, HOWSOEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOSS OF PROFITS (WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY), LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, LOSS OF DATA, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS, EVEN IF 8BITICON.COM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
YOU AGREE THAT OUR TOTAL, AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF (OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE) ANY PORTION OF THE APP, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) THE AMOUNTS YOU ACTUALLY PAID US UNDER THESE TERMS IN THE 12 MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE DATE THE CLAIM AROSE, OR (B) $100.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT 8BITICON.COM HAS MADE THE APP AVAILABLE TO YOU AND ENTERED INTO THESE TERMS IN RELIANCE UPON THE WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN, WHICH REFLECT A REASONABLE AND FAIR ALLOCATION OF RISK BETWEEN THE PARTIES AND FORM AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN US. 8BITICON.COM WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THE APP TO YOU WITHOUT THESE LIMITATIONS.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND SOME JURISDICTIONS ALSO LIMIT DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY FROM CONSUMER PRODUCTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS.
You accept and acknowledge the following risks:
- The prices of blockchain assets and cryptocurrencies are extremely volatile. Fluctuations in the price of other digital assets could materially and adversely affect the value of your 8biticons, which may also be subject to significant price volatility. We cannot guarantee that any purchasers of 8biticons will not lose money.
- You are solely responsible for determining what, if any, taxes apply to your 8biticon-related transactions. 8biticons.com is not responsible for determining the taxes that apply to any of your transactions.
- 8biticons exist only by virtue of the ownership record maintained on the blockchain in the Ethereum network. Any transfer of 8biticons occurs within the supporting blockchain in the Ethereum network.
- There are risks associated with using an Internet-based currency, including, but not limited to, the risk of hardware, software and Internet connections, the risk of malicious software introduction, and the risk that third parties may obtain unauthorized access to information stored within your wallet. You accept and acknowledge that 8biticons.com will not be responsible for any communication failures, disruptions, errors, distortions or delays you may experience when using the Ethereum network, however caused. (e) A lack of use or public interest in the creation and development of distributed ecosystems could negatively impact the 8biticon.com’ ecosystem, and therefore the potential utility or value of 8biticons.
- The regulatory regime governing blockchain technologies, cryptocurrencies, and tokens is uncertain, and new regulations or policies may materially adversely affect the 8biticon.com ecosystem, and therefore the potential utility or value of 8biticons. (g) Upgrades by Ethereum to the Ethereum platform, a hard fork in the Ethereum platform, or a change in how transactions are confirmed on the Ethereum platform may have unintended, adverse effects on all blockchains using the ERC-721 standard, including the 8biticon.com’ ecosystem.
You shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless 8biticon.com and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, advertisers, licensors, suppliers or partners from and against any claim, liability, loss, damage (actual and consequential) of any kind or nature, suit, judgment, litigation cost, and attorneys’ fees arising out of or in any way related to:
- your breach of these Terms,
- your use or misuse of, or access to the App,
- misappropriation or infringement by you, of any intellectual property rights or other right of 8biticon.com, or any person or entity or
- your violation of applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with your access to or use of the App. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
10. THIRD PARTY SITES.
The App may permit you to link to other websites, services or resources on the Internet, which are provided solely as a convenience to you. You access these third-party websites, services or resources at your own risk. These other websites, services or resources are not under our control and you acknowledge that we are not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of those websites, services or resources. The inclusion of any link to third party websites, services or resources does not imply our endorsement of them or any association with their operators. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable (directly or indirectly) for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through any third party websites, services or resources.
11. CHANGES TO THE TERMS.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace any of the Terms or to change, suspend or discontinue the App or Site at any time, by posting a notice on the Site or by sending you an email. We may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the App or Site without notice or liability, including, without limitation, by prohibiting you from selling your 8biticons through the App. It is your responsibility to check these Terms periodically for changes. You can determine if any changes were made to these Terms by noting the date that these Terms were last updated. Your continued use of the App or Site following the posting of any changes to the Terms constitutes acceptance of those changes.
12. CHANGES TO THE APP.
You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the App, and any part of it, may change from time to time without prior notice to you, and that we may add new features and change any part of the App at any time without notice. We also reserve the right to shut down the App in our sole discretion. Shutting down the App will not prohibit you from transferring, buying or selling your Purchased 8biticons on another website or application.
You affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the App is not intended for children under 13. IF YOU ARE 13 OR OLDER BUT UNDER THE AGE OF 18, OR THE LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY WHERE YOU RESIDE IF THAT JURISDICTION HAS AN OLDER AGE OF MAJORITY, THEN YOU AGREE TO REVIEW THESE TERMS WITH YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN TO MAKE SURE THAT BOTH YOU AND YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS. YOU AGREE TO HAVE YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN REVIEW AND ACCEPT THESE TERMS ON YOUR BEHALF. IF YOU ARE A PARENT OR GUARDIAN AGREEING TO THE TERMS FOR THE BENEFIT OF A CHILD OVER 13, THEN YOU AGREE TO AND ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THAT CHILD'S USE OF THE APP, INCLUDING ALL FINANCIAL CHARGES AND LEGAL LIABILITY THAT HE OR SHE MAY INCUR.
15. Dispute Resolution; Arbitration.
Please read this Section 15 carefully. It requires you to arbitrate disputes with 8biticon.com, and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us. A printed version of these Terms and any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based on or relating to the Terms to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. You and 8biticon.com agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the App must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action arose; otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred. The Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom. Any dispute arising from or relating to the subject matter of this Agreement shall be finally settled by arbitration. The prevailing party in any arbitration or other proceeding arising under these Terms shall be entitled to receive reimbursement of its reasonable expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees, expert-witness fees and all other expenses) incurred in connection with the proceeding. Judgment on the award may be entered in a court having jurisdiction or application may be made to such court for judicial acceptance of any award and an order of enforcement, as the case may be. Notwithstanding the above, each party shall have the right to institute an action in a court of proper jurisdiction for injunctive or other equitable relief pending a final decision by the arbitrator. For the purposes of this Agreement, the parties consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the United States Federal Courts or state courts located in the Southern District of New York. Use of the App is not authorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of the Terms, including without limitation this section. WITH RESPECT TO ANY DISPUTE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THESE TERMS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DISPUTES RELATED TO THE APP, THE SITE, THE SMART CONTRACTS: (I) YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO HAVE A TRIAL BY JURY; AND (II) YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A MEMBER OF A CLASS OF CLAIMANTS IN ANY LAWSUIT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS INVOLVING ANY SUCH DISPUTE.
These Terms (including those terms incorporated herein by reference) are the entire Agreement between you and us with respect to the App, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written or electronic) between you and us with respect to the App. If any provision of the Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary for the rest of the Terms to remain enforceable. Our failure to enforce any part of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of these Terms. For any waiver of compliance with these Terms to be binding on us, one of our authorized representatives must provide you with written notice of that waiver. There are no third-party beneficiaries to these Terms. Nothing in these Terms create any agency, partnership, or joint venture. The language in these Terms will be interpreted as to its fair meaning, and not strictly for or against any party. You may not assign any or your rights or obligations under these Terms, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. We may assign our rights and obligations under these Terms in our sole discretion to an affiliate, or in connection with an acquisition, sale or merger. These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom. We shall not be liable for any failure to perform our obligations here where such failure results from any cause beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation (including “line-noise” interference). All notices under these Terms shall be in writing and will be deemed to have been duly given when received, if personally delivered or sent by certified or registered mail, return-receipt requested; when receipt is electronically confirmed, if transmitted by facsimile or email; or the day after it is sent, if sent for next-day delivery by recognized overnight delivery service.
Last Updated: May 19th, 2021